AMR’S EXECUTIVE SEARCH SERVICES
AMR’s Search services locate the best qualified professionals in an effective manner, in the shortest possible time, and with the least disruption to the organization. Clients benefit from an existing, broad network of contacts, based on mutual trust and confidence, and developed over a period of many years. Because of the respect accorded our search services and management consulting, we have access to many candidates who would not respond to other search efforts.
WHAT IS AMR’s SEARCH MISSION?
To locate the best qualified professionals in an effective manner, in the shortest possible time, and with the least disruption to your organization.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS YOU RECEIVE FROM AMR?
- Searching and finding competent professionals. You benefit from an existing, broad network of contacts, based on mutual trust and confidence, and developed over a period of many years. Because of the respect accorded our search services and management consulting, we have access to many candidates who would not respond to other search efforts. Competent people are located regardless of their current employment status.
- Counseling to sharpen the position requirements. You will gain from AMR’s experience and the data compiled over the years of management consulting and search activity. AMR will help you establish your requirements for the position.
- Saving Management time, money and effort. You save time, money, effort, energy, and expense in finding and interviewing many candidates. Acting as your agent, AMR is backed by extensive resources and comprehensive search capabilities. Prompt and efficient execution of the search is assured. Time-consuming details are handled, enabling you to pursue other business and trust us for agreed-upon results.
- Screening candidates and checking references. You and other designated personnel are saved valuable time in the screening process. Selection is carefully organized and coordinated.
- Protecting you from employment litigation. Affirmative action requirements are met.
- Applying professional search and selection. You receive solid, experienced counsel in the selection of professionals based on the application of professional search and selection principles. The seasoned search team places the highest priority on the candidate’s personal values, track record, philosophy, and style.
- Assessing candidly each candidate. You will receive our candid appraisal of the strengths, weaknesses, and motivations of the persons selected as candidates. Therefore, you can better orient the new team member and significantly shorten the time required to move toward peak performance.
- Provide complete objectivity. Your uniqueness, management style, and environment can be carefully studied, researched, and assessed in order to achieve the best possible personal chemistry with potential clients. Therefore, you can receive help solving problems that may complicate the search or deter a desirable candidate. You are provided fully qualified people for your final selection. This objectivity also aids negotiations, the client, and the candidate selected. We are specialists in such transactions.
WHAT IS THE SEARCH PROCESS?
While AMR regards each search as unique and tailors its efforts accordingly, each search follows a systematic approach. The basic components include:
- Your needs are clearly defined. Before beginning the search, AMR develops an understanding of your organization and its wants and needs. Working with you, the position to be filled will be defined, and the personal qualities, strengths, & professional skills will be identified.
- Your position description is developed. Based on the information developed, AMR prepares a position description which is reviewed and approved by you.
- Your position specifications and expectations are thoroughly established. The detailed specifications and expectations against which each candidate is measured will be developed. Emphasis is placed on clarity of expectations and, particularly, on strengths needed for top performance.
- Advertising and announcements are developed if appropriate. Appropriate publications, associations, media, colleges, and universities will be utilized.
- Your application form and application questions are developed. In order to ensure that the best decisions are made in the screening process, it is essential that uniform information be collected from each applicant. The written application questions and the criteria by which they will be evaluated will be developed in conjunction with you.
- A search strategy is developed. Research and search plans are designed to develop the universe of candidates who will be considered. The research process will utilize our extensive files, access to comprehensive biographical materials, and the services of our expert research staff in order to develop other sources. These network resources are national and international in scope. Consultation with our network of sources and contacts is a basic component of the search plan developed for you. AMR has an extensive network of contacts with professionals, executives, and managers in a broad range of organizations. These are some of the sources utilized to develop leads to qualified candidates who might not be located by other means.
- Your search is conducted. After the search strategy and plan have been implemented, the search process utilizes the information developed by research and other sources and contacts. Potential candidates are then screened. Each candidate who appears sufficiently qualified is interviewed by us.
- Evaluation of candidates is performed. From among the candidates, AMR selects who is the best qualified for your position. During the evaluation and screening phase, the criterion established by you, application questions, appropriate evaluation tools, personal interviews, and reference checks will be utilized. The maturity, judgment, and experience of our staff are crucial in this selection process.
- Final interview questions and an evaluation instrument are developed. Consultative services are provided to assist you in developing appropriate diagnostic tactics which include final interview questions, the criteria or sample answers, and an evaluation instrument.
- Reference checks are made. Thorough reference checks will be made at an early stage of the search. In our experience, people who are asked for references generally respond more candidly to our professional staff than they might to a prospective employer. As a result, we are able to provide you with a more accurate evaluation of the prospective employee. An offer of employment is always contingent upon satisfactory reference checks. You are asked not to conduct premature reference checks which might jeopardize the candidate’s current employment.
- Presentation is made of candidates for final interviews. You will be provided a prearranged number of candidates to be presented to the responsible officials as especially well-suited to the position.
- You are counseled regarding the ultimate selection of candidates. After discussing the candidates with you, we arrange for the responsible officials to meet them and counsel with both you and the candidates of your choice in making the ultimate selection.
- You are assisted with negotiations. You may request our assistance in negotiations affecting employment of the new executive. As a third party with in-depth experience in such situations, we can often be the catalyst in bringing about final agreement on the offer.
- Follow-up reviews are conducted to determine your satisfaction. You receive follow-up contacts to ensure that the new professional is performing well, and that you continue to be satisfied with the results. We also stay in touch for a suitable interval with the successful candidate to ensure optimum effectiveness in the new working relationship.
WHAT PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS ARE MET?
AMR conducts its business with integrity and in accordance with the highest standards of professional and ethical conduct. Among the practices to which we adhere are the following:
- Basis for accepting assignments. We undertake only those assignments which we believe we can be completed successfully within a reasonable period of time. Mutual trust and candor are essential to a successful client relationship, and we cannot accept an assignment unless we have been given all relevant information. Excellent up-front coordination is crucial.
- Retainer basis. We conduct searches on a retainer basis. AMR is compensated only by client organization.
- Exclusive assignments. We do not accept an assignment for a search on which another firm is already engaged. Such arrangements can result in confusion, ill will, and unsatisfactory results.
- AMR Difference. We invite you to seek further information about “The AMR Difference.” The AMR Difference provides results. You will have the benefit of our belief and practice that integrity is not what you say; it is what you are. You will discover that we believe that there is no substitute for building on strengths and for expecting the best. Your treatment will be based upon our belief that the Golden rule is the most important organizational practice. Search, selection, implementation, and follow-up are provided with consistent and superior service as our hallmark.